Lewis University’s Aviation Department will be hosting a free event at which one of the world’s top airshow pilots, Patty Wagstaff, will be speaking about her career as an aerobatic pilot, her many aviation adventures and experiences, as well as professionalism in the aviation industry.
Patty is a six-time member of the US Aerobatic Team, has won the gold, silver and bronze medals in Olympic-level aerobatic competitions and is one of only a few individuals to win the title of US National Aerobatic Champion three times.
April 25th from 4-6pm at Lewis University’s Brother Neil Kieffe Aviation Building Maintenance Hangar. Must register by April 22nd by clicking here. Hope to see you there!
If you’re looking for a great way to spend some great family time on June 4th and 5th, come to your friendly local Clow Airport. At the Cavalcade of Planes you will enjoy all kinds of fun. There will be many types of aircraft to see both flying and on the ground. You can experience a great event including skydiving, formation flying, helicopter demonstrations, and much more! It is a great opportunity to volunteer and give back. Email email@example.com if you are interested. Click here for more information about the airshow.
The April Chapter Meeting is on Tuesday, April 5th from 6-7:30pm. We will be volunteering at Feed My Starving Children in Schaumburg (1072 National Parkway, Schaumburg, IL 60173). Due
to registered spots PLEASE email firstname.lastname@example.org
if you plan on attending OR
visit this link
to sign up for your spot! Looking forward to seeing you there and giving back to the community. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com
For more information about Feed My Starving Children, go here
and check it out!
Join Chicago’s Leading Edge Chapter members in Nashville from March 10 through 12 at the 27th annual Women in Aviation Conference!
Whatever it is you’re looking for in your career, you’ll find it or find your way at the annual International Women in Aviation Conference.
Join us for all of the energy, excitement, and networking the conference is best known for.
You won’t want to miss the keynote speakers, educational sessions, exhibit hall, scholarship awards, and good times with individuals from all areas of aviation—students to professionals, GA to commercial, military, and beyond. There’s no better place to be inspired, share your enthusiasm, and connect with others who share your passion for the aviation industry!
Chicago’s Leading Edge Chapter of Women in Aviation awarded over $3100 in scholarships this year! Congratulations to this year’s winners!
• Paperless Pilot: Crystal Daugherty
• Dispatch Scholarship: Amanda Bailey
• Future’s Unlimited Scholarship: Josephine Herrera-Rivera
• Flight Training Scholarship: Alex White
• Two-Year WAI Membership Scholarships: Hannah Cross, Venice Chaplin, and Lauren Sherrick
We expect great things from you!
Thank you to all of those who applied! We were blown away with how many amazing applications came through this year and were thrilled to be able to award 7 scholarships. All of this would not have been possible without our member’s involvement, donations and fundraising.
For February we have an amazing speaker lined up! Michael Peifer, the Executive Director of LifeLine Pilots will talk to us about his experience. He has served for 7 years as a Director and five as Chairman of the Board of LifeLine Pilots, from 2005 to present.
The meeting will be held at Lewis University in the Harold E. White Aviation Center Room 126 on Tuesday, February 16th at 6pm. For directions, click here. For a campus map, click here. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. Looking forward to seeing you all there!
Hello everyone! We have a great tour of Envoy Air Operations and one of their aircraft planned for Tuesday evening, January 19th at 6:00pm. We will meet in Terminal 3, upper level (departures), inside door 3C. We’ll be sure to keep it under three hours for short term parking.
Please remember to bring a government issued photo ID to get through security! We’re looking forward to seeing you all there. Please RSVP to email@example.com if you’d like to attend.
Join Chicago’s Leading Edge Chapter of Women in Aviation for our 7th Annual Holiday Party!
• Place: Pilot Pete’s, Schaumburg Airport
• Date: Monday, December 7th, 2015
• Time: 6:30PM
• Cost: $23/person
Each year our chapter donates aviation related toys to Toys for Tots. This will hopefully not only bring others joy but also encourage kids to love aviation as much as we do. Please bring one unwrapped toy to spread a little holiday cheer.
Additionally, we’ve decided to add a little deliciousness to our evening by having a cookie exchange. If you’d like to participate, bring six of your favorite cookies together in a bag or container with recipe attached and swap for another member’s favorite!
Looking forward to seeing you all there! Additional guests are welcome and encouraged so invite your friends and family! For directions, please click here.
Please pay for your reservation through our Paypal account on the Fundraising tab of the website by December 5th if you’d like to attend.
The deadline for our scholarships has been extended to November 23rd! Chicago’s Leading Edge Chapter is offering 5 wonderful scholarships this year available under the scholarship tab. You must be a Women in Aviation, International member to apply. Good luck everyone!
The 2015 Chicago’s Leading Edge Scholarships are here! This year we are proud to offer 7 scholarships.
- Dispatch Scholarship – Recipient of the award will receive $400 toward the aviation dispatch written and practical exam. The recipient should demonstrate their desire to work in aviation dispatch, as well as proof of enrollment in a dispatch course.
- Flight Training Scholarship – Recipient of the award will receive $1000 to put toward flight training for private, instrument, commercial, multiengine or CFI ratings.
- Membership Scholarship (3 Scholarships available) – Recipient of the award will receive a two-year membership to Women in Aviation International to encourage active membership in both WAI and Chicago’s Leading Edge Chapter. The top three applicants will all receive the two-year membership to Women in Aviation International.
- Future’s Unlimited Scholarship – Recipient of the award will receive $750 intended to cover conference registration, banquet, hotel, and airfare for one person to attend WAI’s 2016 Annual Conference in Nashville, TN March 10-12, 2016.
- Paperless Pilot Scholarship – This award is for an iPad and a one-year subscription to ForeFlight. The recipient will receive an iTunes gift card in the amount of $75 intended to cover the purchase of ForeFlight. The iPad will be a refurbished 3rd generation iPad WiFi + Cellular 16GB.